1. Cut pattern pieces from your main fabric: back – 1 piece, side back – 2 pieces, side front – 2 pieces, front – 2 pieces, sleeve – 2 pieces.
2. Cut 2 front facing pieces from main fabric.
3. Cut pattern pieces from your lining fabric: back – 1 piece, side back – 2 pieces, sleeve – 2 pieces.
4. Sew the main fabric pieces of front and back and iron the seams. Sew shoulder seams and iron.
5. Repeat all steps in lining parts.
Sew the sleeve cap to the armhole.
6. Cut out the collar. I drew it by sight.
Add a hemming tape.
Turn the collar and press for the parts of the collar to be glued together.
7. Hand-baste the collar and the neckline of the bodice.
8. Sew the garment shell and the lining with right sides together and the collar inside. I start sewing with the neckline to make the thing symmetric.
Trim off the excess.
This is how the collar looks from outside.
8. Stitch the shell sleeve and lining sleeve hem together.
9. Sew the sleeve seams and side seams of the shell. Repeat in lining parts. This is how it should look like:
It seems difficult at first but when you sew the thing for the third time you will understand everything 😆
10. Stitch the front and the facing, then sew the bottom of the coat leaving opening for turning.
11. Glue hemming tape to front facing.
12. Turn the coat.
13. Press the coat and sew the bottom edge of the garment.
Sew buttons, closure and a belt. Your coat is ready! 😀